Friday, April 25, 2008

Clothing and Nudity

Wow! I just read the following post by John Piper.
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2008/2737_The_Rebellion_of_Nudity_and_the_Meaning_of_Clothing/

For the past five years or so, I have been tossing around in my mind and watching in the Bible in regards to spiritual covering. By this I mean the soul's protection and edification supplied by God's hand amid a fallen world. I watch my culture and my own life, burning with a passion for covering to be supplied. Something better, something holy, something worthy, something. . . has been lost. We are INCOMPLETE without Him. God is our utmost need and our greatest joy. He is our supply. The one who covers our naked shame.

I wish I had more fitting words, but this article states so well a portion of what the Lord has been teaching me in the still and quiet. It resounds with many other lessons that are waiting for God's timing to come out. Until then, sentences are jumbled and mixed and unready. So I will wait for my time of clarity, cherishing the pieces of the story that I have been given so far.

No comments: