Monday, June 18, 2007

Great Start!

Last week we began our Tuesday evening "Women of Influence" study with the international college gals and int'l. wives. There were 28 of us there, and I taught on the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears and hair (Luke 7). I can tell the tide is turning in my teaching. I'm consumed less with the presentation and rigid structure and more with content and their understanding, which is new for me. Being in front of people has been so scary most of my life, it is amazing to see what the Lord is doing!

What a privilege! I'm no great teacher by far, but I love bringing the Word and sharing my joy in Him with them. I can see Him changing me as we spend more time together in life. =-)

The gals interacted so well. With internationals, it can be very difficult to get discussion going or for them to ask questions. Their excitement in the discussion was surprising. Then, they even shared aloud with the whole group after discussing in their tri's. I could see how the Lord had directed the discussion questions. I had no idea they would be significant the way they were, but He knew.

I picture Him breathing His great self into their minds and hearts throughout this summer. "I AM," He says to them. "I AM."

A young single woman will be teaching on Rebekah and watering your camels. Her catch phrase for serving wholeheartedly as a single is, "May I water your camels, also?"
She's vibrant and fun, so I think the gals will enjoy her. Other cultures often have much more pressure to marry sooner than later as a young adult. I pray that God will show them that they are right where they need to be, learning about Him first and foremost as a single.

No comments: