Sunday, July 01, 2007

Mudfest 2007

I spent the past four days playing in the mud with thousands of people. My friend Charis works for an organization involved with a large Christian festival, and I volunteered to help her out. Running the event was CRAZY!!! It stormed off and on the whole time. I got to go mudding in golf carts and then to push them out of the mud. Galoshes were the trendy garb of the event. You should get some.

During the event, kids were covered from head to foot in mud. Parents basically had to give up. The constant foot traffic brought all the moisture to the surface and mud was inches deep all over the field. The mainstage didn't go up completely until the day of...everything was sinking in the mud as they tried to build. I've not seen such a big event - and so many people - willing to embrace the mud for an entire weekend. Only in Texas!

Check this out...
I got a hotel room with Charis' assistant (Aurora), who I found out goes to church with my former pastors from Indianapolis (now in Texas). We know a bunch of the same people! Also, I brought to the event my friend Nadia, a sister in Christ from Taiwan who is studying in Texas. Aurora lived in Nadia's city in Taiwan as a missionary kid. We all had these really cool connections from the Lord and collided in one hotel room this weekend. It was so funny and refreshing!!

No comments: