Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Morning's Random Thought

After running this morning with a wise and fun woman, I soaked in some of the Lord through prayer and 1 Samuel. Afterward, there was a wonderful 10-minute span where I knew I could satisfy my fleshly craving for more sleep. Giggling at myself, I jumped back in bed to lavish myself in pretend sleep.

While doing so I daydreamed about what I would tell a group of young women. The thought was convicting to me because it was truth in my own life. Here's what I would say:

We spend so much time in front of the mirror, caring for the details of our presence, our look. We must be content with the image in the mirror, so we think. We must show others that we have value and worth. Looking at the image in front of us, we expect it to reflect our glory. But let the truth sink in deeply: that image is not our glory.

Our glory is reflected in the cross. There we are the desperate beauties, wanting and longing for a savior. There we are deemed the height of beauty because we are found complete and forgiven in His glory. Rescued, cherished, bravely won...Christ is our glory. May our eyes for ourselves fade, and our attention to the significance of Jesus become sharp and bright in our hearts' eyes.

© 2006 by Kendra Hinkle.

No comments: