Monday, November 03, 2008

same kind of different as me.

Ron Hall and Denver Moore will be at our annual community prayer breakfast on Thursday as the keynote speakers. I am so sad that I waited to get a ticket! Seating is at capacity.


The hope of attending motivated me to read the book this Saturday. The book engaged me so well. I was sweating in the heat, pulling cotton in Louisiana and watching people file through the food line at the Fort Worth homeless shelter. My heart broke, too, at the recognition of suffering and loss.


The book helped me to prayerfully remember and to focus on what God called me to do on this campus in His name. I remember the moment of walking through it with selfish pride in my heart and hearing God whisper, "Feed my sheep." Though it was far from the purpose of the book, I grew in conviction of my place to feed Christ's sheep in the campus where I live.

No comments: