Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rescued (A Testimonial)

From the dark of night I could not see,
My eyes unprepared for light.
How thick that darkness was, how heavy its chains!

Hidden in a child's sorrows,
I was told to hate because I was hated.
Deep within, the Destroyer made his wicked claim.

Convinced that I could not speak
I was bound in weighty chains of deceit.
As a child of death, I lived out lies
And filled my flesh with sorrowful gain.

Lost and drowning, the tide washed over me.
Sharks surrounded me to take my life,
Trapping one precious life named for the Light.

Upon the sea He walked with strides of strength.
My mighty One came near as I sank.
I took my last breaths of death below the sea of sorrow
Until His hand plunged down to me.

Lifeless I lay in His arms 'til He breathed His breath in me.
The dark of night fled as I choked on perfect life.
In the sweet Savior's arms I lay.
My adoring Rescuer came to me.

What love He has! What might that makes the demons flee!

I now walk at His side.
Wisdom is my lot.
For truth has shone brightly and pierced my broken soul.

Oh, unending Love, amazing gracious One.
You are my Light and my Portion.
No death shall do us part.

I am Yours and You are mine.

May that name which I was given
Cause the demon's world to quake
For thy Word accomplished
that for which it was sent in me.

© 2007 by Kendra Hinkle

No comments: