Saturday, January 14, 2006

Car Wash

Today, I washed my car. It hasn't been washed since August when I made a mad dash back into the country from Northern Ireland and immediately hauled my stuff in storage from Indy to Kansas to Texas. So...I greatly needed to get 'er done. In all of her 1993 splendor, my little car needed a bath.

Sitting in the car in the auto car wash is kind of fun. You never really know what's coming at you, except that the car will hopefully keep you dry and free from soap suds. I likened my faith to that car today. I take care of it and nurture it so that when action is needed, I can go. When the storms of life appear on the horizon or random things come at my spiritual windshield, I am safe and protected. My car and I, we see our rough roads and our smooth ones, but God holds us together and directs us to His purpose.

I have a mentor who is helping me to learn speaking and thinking skills to aid my verbal teaching. She challenged me to begin thinking of analogies in all areas of life that might help someone to understand spiritual things easier. You can thank her for this little effort, confusing and odd as it may be!

No comments: