Friday, February 12, 2010

The Road to Zion

10.10.10.10.

Shadows fall long on this dry, dusty road.
Pathway to Zion its mystery holds.
Highest of mountains before and behind
Carve the valley of weeping, O faith's night!

Long is the path, but soon will be the day
Our rising Redeemer will end night's stay.
His promise of grace enables our eyes.
From strength to strength His ready might supplied.

Now is the day through storms to persevere.
One day before the throne we will appear.
Praise with hope the Father, Spirit and Son,
For our feet on the path that's wrought with love.

(C) 2010 by Kendra Hinkle.



This song has been birthed as I slowly emerge from my own valley of weeping. Psalm 84 ministered to my heart so strongly, and propelled me to consider the Lord's place with me during this time. I will arrive at Zion in strength.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I cut out this stanza...It just didn't have the same rhythm & tripped me up every time I read it, so I decided to nix it for now.

In my heart is a seat, Spirit there dwells.
He satisfies with grace my thirsty soul.
Showers of blessing and springs forth come,
Breaking upon the head who know his home.