Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pounding the Streets of Austin

Austin was freezing...literally. We started with a 28 degree temp and warmed up to 34. When I committed to the race, I thought that there was no way it would be cold in south Texas. I was wrong! The misty wetness made it cold before and after the race, but during the race the temp was perfect.

I was able to beat my goal time of 2:05 for the half marathon. I actually got right at 2 hours, which was my dream time. The race felt really good this time. Having one under my belt from 2004 helped so much. Good luck to y'all in Indy who will be doing the half in May.

I met lots of young ladies on my trip, some who are from Denton and some from Austin. Their company was an encouragement to me...and I love to meet new people. I also learned a new phrase:

Keep Austin weird!

No comments: